There are several security features that you can install on your taxi. It is a worthwhile investment that can keep you and your vehicle safe while on the road.
The following are some guidelines to help secure you and your taxi:
- Familiarize yourself with your city and nearby towns.
- Ask other taxi drivers about the risky areas so you can avoid going there, or if you need to go to those places, you become more alert and careful.
- Keep your doors locked.
- Park in areas where there are plenty of lights.
- Do not carry a lot of cash while driving your taxi. This also goes for carrying jewelry and other valuable items.
Improve Your Taxi Security Level With These Features
- Install panic alarm in your taxi. This can alert other taxi drivers in emergency situations.
- Add a convex mirror, which enables you to have a full view of the back part of your taxi.
- Consider using an emergency fuel-stop button. It will come handy when you want risky passengers to get off your taxi.
- Modify your taxi doors so that no one can enter the vehicle without your permission.
- Install CCTV inside your taxi. As a warning, put stickers inside indicating your have CCTV fitted.
Learn to Read Customers
Be wary but still be polite. Know that every person is different. As a taxi driver, do not let your guard down.
Be cautious every time you deal with a potential passenger. Open your window slightly as you ask them about their destination. This gives you time to assess the person.
If you think the passenger is unfit to ride your taxi, for example, extremely drunk or quite aggressive, you can always decline the fare.
If Worse Comes to Worst
It is not recommended to base your assessment on the appearance or attire of the person. If your passenger declares a hold-up, the safe way to do is just give your money. What you can do is try to get a clear view of the perpetrators, and let the authorities handle the situation after.
The world becomes more dangerous for taxi drivers, particularly during late at night and in wee hours. Protect yourself and your taxi with the right taxi policy. Call an agent now. At Bond Pro Insurance Brokers, we do our best in making sure that our clients are well-protected with affordable and comprehensive policies. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (636) 220-6377 or CLICK HERE to request a free quote.