In fact, it is also your duty that they are safe between your school and their homes. That is why include teaching your preschool children about bus safety.
Here is the list that you need to teach preschoolers when riding your school bus:
2. After getting off the bus and the kid needs to cross the street, they should position themselves in front of the bus and cross when the bus driver signals that it is safe to do so.
When there is no more bus or bus driver to help them, they must look on both sides of the street first before they can cross.
3. Tell kids to use the bus handrails when entering and exiting the vehicle. They should be careful of the straps of their bags getting stuck in the door.
4. If a student drops something outside the bus, they need to tell the bus driver about it. The bus driver should be able to see the child before allowing them to pick it up.
5. Your preschoolers should learn to board the school bus in one line. It is not safe to make a contest of who should get in first.
Bus Safety Tips for Parents and Drivers
- Preferably, the parents or adult guardians would walk the preschooler to the bus stop. They must accompany the child until the school bus arrives, and see their child board it.
- Bus drivers need to slow down in a school zone. There is a speed limit on these areas. They must be on the lookout for children, particularly those who board or exit the bus.
- A school bus that is flashing yellow lights means it is about to stop. On the other hand, red light flashing indicates that is has already stopped, which means kids are getting on or off.
Providing a school bus for your preschoolers means you are giving them a safe way to travel from your school to their homes and vice versa.
As you run your daycare school, do not forget to buy the right insurance coverage as a way to protect your business from certain problems related to daycare. At Bond Pro Insurance Brokers, we put our clients first by offering them policies that they can afford. Learn more about our products and services by calling our agency at (636) 220-6377. You can also request for a free quote by CLICKING HERE.